GamingStylez

Do you want the server to become Tekkit?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the GamingStylez server to become tekkit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't bother me
    • I don't want a new map (would be needed)

and for those diehards, You might be able to install the mods manually and connect to the tekkit server so as you can have your own version of Optifine or whatever! xD

Confirmed! I've done this and it works! I get more FPS because I installed the multi-core version of Optifine! Sweet!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah restricting reactors would really suck but I can see how it could be used to grief. The amount of time and resources required to build a reactor I would imagine is beyond the attention span of yo

Everyone should start abandoning their claims now and selling their items in preparation for Tekkit! We'll probably switch to Tekkit before 1.3 comes out as it's going to be a long time and it seems e

What error message do you get?  The Obvious but questionable: Are you using the tekkit client? Are you using the same ip? (mc.gamingstylez.com)

I took a really long leave of absence to come back to a tekkit server. Glad we're all ready to switch it up.

And Stylez, you say you dont think the spawn area will be extravagant? Why not let the players, the trusted ones, make a wonderful spawn area when they can? It saves you time and gives the players a project they can be proud of!

darn, im gunna lose all the claim blocks on my house cos of the server stoping without me knowing, but still happy bout tekkit, gunna be cool

I abandoned everyones claims so you should get your claim blocks back when you connect to Tekkit.

The Tekkit server is currently online but we have a lot of configuring left to do so it won't be "production" for a few days I'm sure. Feel free to login with the Tekkit client and play around. I wouldn't suggest getting too serious on it as it might get reset.

Gizmo and Gr8ful are now server admins so they have full control over the configuration files, plugins, etc so now everything doesn't have to wait for me to fix it. lol

If you have experience with Tekkit servers feel free to make suggestions on things that should be disabled, disallowed, etc.

Currently we've disabled EE2 and the weapons mod. All other Tekkit mods are enabled.

Jasenty brought it to our attention that RedPower may be nerfed from working with Tekkit in the future. Therefor I think I will try and create a custom modded server that way we can use Forestry as well and then post a mod pack in the private forum for people to download as well as a video tutorial.

Feel free to play around on the current Tekkit install until this happens. I have a feeling that we should just wait for 1.3 before getting serious with the modded server so for now you can consider the server as a Tekkit test server. Keep in mind that anything you make is temporary!

• 2 weeks later...

It's up to you guys, really. If you guys want to form a builder group to create some "community" stuff then we can offer temporary creative mode to anyone that wants to do that. At this point in time I'm getting a little sketchy on the longetevity of the SMP server as it's rarely used anymore. I'm assuming that's because the Tekkit stuff is temporary so I'll give it a month or two after we get the custom mods running then I'll decide if it's worth the $30 a month to keep. Right now it's just a bit of a financial black hole lol

It's up to you guys, really. If you guys want to form a builder group to create some "community" stuff then we can offer temporary creative mode to anyone that wants to do that. At this point in time I'm getting a little sketchy on the longetevity of the SMP server as it's rarely used anymore. I'm assuming that's because the Tekkit stuff is temporary so I'll give it a month or two after we get the custom mods running then I'll decide if it's worth the $30 a month to keep. Right now it's just a bit of a financial black hole lol

I think everybody just sees it as a waste of time to make something that's not gonna be there long (this is the reason I'm not playing anyway), I'm looking forward to the custom build server!