GamingStylez

• 2 weeks later...

Server is back up but my control panel is still a bit gimped. Shouldn't affect the actual in-game experience though. Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: Looks like the server was killed before it did a save so we lost a bit of work! if you were building anything on the server at around 9pm eastern last night then you probably lost up to an hour's work.

You can now advertise your shops! Use "/ad ?" for help on how to use the feature. Ads are $10 per hour with a 24 hour maximum for ads. Players can TP to your shop for $10.

I disabled the nolagg plugin as it decided to prevent chunks from loading altogether. Needless to say I about had the big one when I logged in multiple times and saw nothing but void even after a reboot.

Edit: Turns out the shop thing conflicts with nolagg and another plugin somehow. I've disabled it for now.

Trying to track down the source of lag. Going to whitelist the server for a bit.

Update: Couldn't narrow the lag down to any particular plugin but the server seems to be running a lot better now... go figure.

Server is whitelisted again while testing some causes of lag. So far we've had no luck finding anything causing the lag - it appears to be out of our control. If the host can't resolve it I may upload everything to a new host and test it there ($$$).

Stay tuned!

I think the host is having some hardware issues and they just don't know it (shot in the dark). I downloaded the whole server onto my crappy home server and it runs like a hot knife through butter (20 ticks per second) but on their server the tick rate keeps taking a dump (less than 10 ticks per second frequently).

As of this point if they don't give me a concrete resolution I'll be switching to a new host tomorrow evening. The server is currently re-open to play on but it's not really playable in my opinion.

I found a few issues with the NoCheat plugin today that was causing a lot of block respawning that looked like lag. Basically it was thinking people were breaking blocks too fast and then canceling their block break which made it look like block lag. I've relaxed it a little bit so that shouldn't be so common anymore. If it continues to be an issue I'll disable it completely and see if the "lag" goes away.

• 2 weeks later...

SMP server is currently hooped.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We were having some stability issues with this particular machine' date=' however this should be resolved now. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your server and we will be more than happy to check into it further for you.[/quote']

Issue is currently not resolved so if you can't connect to the server or you get connected and it's extremely unresponsive this is why.

• 2 weeks later...

The smp server is offline until the DNS updates. It's not able to contact the database server in its new location and so the community bridge plugin disabled itself and I'm not sure what repercussions this will have. I don't want new players to login and have free reign even though I'm fairly certain they will be guests by default. Better safe than sorry!

Looks like the DNS has updated throughout the night so I've brought the SMP server back online. Was actually good timing as there was a lovely exploit running rampant for Minecraft authentication so I'm glad the server was offline!

Had some weird DB server connectivity issues today so I took the server offline and slapped it around a bit. Also took the time to update a lot of plugins including NoLagg and Grief Prevention so anyone that was having issues planting things in their claims should retry planting stuff. I also updated ChestShop and Orebfuscator (there was apparently an issue where chests and furnaces would get obfuscated) and a couple other minor things.

• 1 month later...

The server is temporarily Tekkit until the mods update and I make a custom mod pack.

I've added the [ComputerCraft], [RedPower], [industrialCraft], and [buildCraft] "users" to the Builder group so that they have rights to dig, build, etc. I haven't tested it yet so let me know if it doesn't work in the Tekkit server thread.

• 1 month later...

The server RAM has been upgraded from 1.5GB to 2GB thanks to an offer from our server host. I'm not currently going to increase the number of slots above 20 until it's needed and with the new server config with tech mods we will need some extra RAM anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a server roll back yesterday due to a MCMyAdmin update.

Today we had a corrupt Railcraft.dat file so it had to be recreated. This file is where Railcraft saves some of its data so some Railcraft things may have been reverted.