GamingStylez

While I'm configuring my private server I figure it's time to formally request help from you guys for creating the common areas of the server.

First and foremost we need a spawn city! That's probably the most important thing we need at the moment. Other things we will need are public places like parks, arenas, etc. I'd also like to make some sort of mass transit system so anyone with experience in that area should definitely apply.

Anyone interested in these positions should reply to this thread briefly describing their building skills with descriptions of some things they've built (or pictures would be preferred).

Builds will probably be featured on my YouTube channel and likely in many tutorial videos.

Relevant info required:

• Have you done any SMP server builds before?
  • Do you have pictures of your builds?
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft?
  • Do you know how to use WorldEdit (if not you will be allowed creative mode)?

Well, for starters..I've been playing since indev back before crafting was even introduced. I have some experience with world edit, and wouldn't mind helping out with getting things started. I've done some builds on SMP; none in high traffic areas, but I'll link my recent builds. They aren't spectacular, but they suited my needs at the time.

This is a link to my G+ photo albums, you can find a couple of my builds in the World's Apart, and Island albums. ;)

The Gr8 Room

Well, for starters..I've been playing since indev back before crafting was even introduced. I have some experience with world edit, and wouldn't mind helping out with getting things started. I've done some builds on SMP; none in high traffic areas, but I'll link my recent builds. They aren't spectacular, but they suited my needs at the time.

This is a link to my G+ photo albums, you can find a couple of my builds in the World's Apart, and Island albums. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/dyk9vqz

Awesome! I'll get you on the server as soon as we have one! I can't view your albums though:

We are unable to fetch this album at this time. Please try again later.

You can attach pictures to this thread if you want or photobucket them or something.

That's strange...all the albums are shared publicly :blink: ..anyway, here is the latest creation of mine which has much more to it than what you see. If you want, we can login to the server sometime and I'll give ya the grand tour. Just let me know!

2012-04-16_17.19.42.png

2012-04-22_02.20.54.png

2012-04-22_10.01.40.png

This is my "BioDome" as it's called on the server. All built by me, all legit.

I have also revised the link above to go directly to my G+ page. Should work now.....I hope?

That's strange...all the albums are shared publicly :blink: ..anyway, here is the latest creation of mine which has much more to it than what you see. If you want, we can login to the server sometime and I'll give ya the grand tour. Just let me know!

This is my "BioDome" as it's called on the server. All built by me, all legit.

I have also revised the link above to go directly to my G+ page. Should work now.....I hope?

Nice, working now! Nice looking biodome! I guess you're the guy to make a spleef stadium then hahaha That reminds me I need to see if that plugin even works..

I would love to help out. I've been playing since early Alpha days and I use WorldEdit all the time. I have done some SMP builds before but they were a while back so no pictures I'm afraid. I'll take a few snapshots of my Single Player creations however. The thing I love is aethsthetics. All of my buildings look great according to many people and I could wip up a really good-looking town for you in no time :P

As for the transit system, that is something I can definitely do. I love redstone & rail systems and am quite good at it.

If you do decide to let me help out, just give a theme and I promise I can make your server look great. Anyway, I will post some pictures in a little while of some creations. Thanks! :)

Nice! Get us some pics so we can check out your stuff (I should make a screenshot forum..) but either way you're probably hired!

It'll be a few days yet before I get a real server. I want to have everything configured on my local server before I start buying one. Plus there's some more website integration I need to work on (check out Minecraft stats in my profile).

Awesome pictures! You look like you're into some advanced redstone stuff which is something we really need as I suck at the stuff without Redpower. I think Gizmo also does a lot of redstone stuff as well.

So yeah, you're definitely hired! :D

• Do you know how to use WorldEdit (if not you will be allowed creative mode)

Roughly 90% of all building i do is on multiplayer servers

No pics available at this time however i moderate on a server of which i'll pm you the ip so as not to advertise on this forum, I've done some builds there so hook me up and I'll show ya round

Since late alpha

I am very experienced W/ worldguard/worldedit and know first hand just how easy it is to crash servers with it which in SMP biz is a very handy skill as a constantly crashing server tends to hurt the player base -cheers

• Do you know how to use WorldEdit (if not you will be allowed creative mode)

Roughly 90% of all building i do is on multiplayer servers

No pics available at this time however i moderate on a server of which i'll pm you the ip so as not to advertise on this forum, I've done some builds there so hook me up and I'll show ya round

Since late alpha

I am very experienced W/ worldguard/worldedit and know first hand just how easy it is to crash servers with it which in SMP biz is a very handy skill as a constantly crashing server tends to hurt the player base -cheers

Nice, if I can find some time I'll jump on and take a look (at the rate these permissions are going it might not happen!).

P.S I was wondering if you could post a list of plugins that the server will be running and note which ones you require help with (if any) as I may be able to point you in the right direction.

-cheers

I'd post the list but it's changing by the hour! So far I haven't had any trouble with them but I've just started doing the permissions. The main plugins so far are Core, BOSEconomy, Grief Prevention, Population Density, World Border, and some anti cheat ones. I'll be using some shop plugins as well, probably Chest Shop but I haven't even installed it yet. I have a handful of helper plugins installed that I haven't listed.

I've never heard of "Core" but you made a smart move by going with PEX over other plugins as PEX is a more flexible plugin also are you using MSQL for your database?

Yeah I'll be trying to use MySQL for as much as possible. I don't feel like frigging around with it on my home server even though I have WAMP installed so I'm going to wait until I get an actual server to do all the SQL stuff. For now I'm putting all the permissions in the yml file and assuming they will be auto imported into SQL when I change the setting.

OK guys I added you all as moderators so you can access the staff forum and we can plan out our builds in TOP SECRET!

I'm still looking for more builders so that we can make some epic builds. Keep the apps coming!

Hey, I really like building things like small houses and shops. I can also build simple redstone machines. I have been playing minecraft since 1.7.3 and I am very experienced with wieldedit. Although I do think that if this is to become a big server, might I suggest against using rails as a mode of transport as they cause a ton of lag. Unfortunately I cannot post pictures as I am kind of new to this kind of thing and I am taking care of my own server at the moment. Hope you consider my requests.

- Furryoctopus

I thought I would respond to your request by saying that i would love to help build an arena of sorts, possibly a spleef arena (every good server needs one!). Also, I have a fair amount of understanding of mine-cart systems (however the vanilla sort, not railcraft). Additionally i thought i would answer your questions:

• Have you done any SMP server builds before? - Yes, however not as an organised team.
  • Do you have pictures of your builds? - Not at the moment however, if requested i could get some.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? - A little over a year and half (since the first nether update in 2010)
  • Do you know how to use WorldEdit (if not you will be allowed creative mode)? - Not particularly, but i can learn!

I hope this helped.

Labs

OK I'll add you two to the moderators list so that you can help with the spawn build. It's not actually at spawn so head east towards a desert when you first spawn and you'll find the build.

I think we have enough builders for now, thanks guys!

As for everyone else waiting to get access to the server, hold on to your butts! We'll open it up once the spawn is done so that we can put up some info signs so that you know what's going on.

I'm pretty good at redstone, EATS, minecarts, self-building structures, and other technical stuff. But I'm terrible at making things look nice.

• Have you done any SMP server builds before? Yes, however not as an organised team.
  • Do you have pictures of your builds? No. Sorry.
  • How long have you been playing Minecraft? Since few weeks before Halloween Update.
  • Do you know how to use WorldEdit (if not you will be allowed creative mode)? Yes. I have some experience with it (including accidentally flooding several square kilometers with other players' builds with dirt, so I can't do that mistake again :))