GamingStylez

Industrialized Season 3 Discussion

This is the place to discuss season 3 of Industrialized!

The official locked info thread is here!

I've decided to do a season 2.5 because season 2 didn't really make it that far and I felt like I had to end it since it was old technology/mods and seemed kind of stale already. I had intended on updating to 1.5.x but I got bit by the lack of RedPower updates and being a huge mod it's hard to work around it or just drop it from a world.

EDIT Oct 20, 2013: I decided to make it season 3 instead of 2.5. Assume all future references to 2.5 are now 3!

WIth 2.5 I won't be using RedPower and will instead be replacing it with mods like Minefactory Reloaded (rednet cables), Redstone In Motion (replacement for frames), and some other mods that overlap it a bit like Tinkers Construct, Applied Energistics, and Extra Utilities to name a few.

I'll be going back to the old school Minecraft Portable for managing my Minecraft instances since MultiMC 4 does not support Minecraft 1.6.2. By extension I don't think the FTB launcher currently supports it either since I believe it is based on MultiMC 4. Also, FTB is currently on Minecraft 1.5.2 and I feel like it won't be updating for quite some time. Since I like to be bleeding-edge when I start a new season I'm going old school!

I'll actually be using a good amount of the non-magic mods from FTB Unleashed in this season with the addition of mods like Somnia, XACT, and some others that were in season 2.

Feel free to comment with some other mods I should add to Industrialized below!

Keep in mind that Thermal Expansion isn't quite up to date with 1.6.2 as of yet. It is easily worked around, but still a must have for any Industrial based pack. Looking forward to the new season!  ;)

EDIT: 1.6.2 for FTB is right around the corner actually, along with a brand new launcher. Forgecraft is already testing it.

Keep in mind that Thermal Expansion isn't quite up to date with 1.6.2 as of yet.

Yeah that and Minefactory Reloaded are two that I'm waiting on. I'm hoping to get all the other mods working and by the time that's done then HOPEFULLY the rest of the mods will be updated. Unfortunately it's hard to work around mods that add world-gen without having to regen terrain later.

I know how that is. Even with FTB they recommend resets on some updates because of world gen. With 1.6.2 I'm sure that's going to happen again when Xycraft is added back into the mix. There is also an update to I think Buildcraft adding a new workbench that acts a bit like XACT. It saves patterns in the gui without the extra items.

Ahh I think I remember something like that in some newer versions in LPs... come to think of it I know Forestry now has something like that. I'll have to compare them and see if it's worth dropping XACT - XACT is REALLY well done so I'd hate to drop it but it's always nice removing extra mods so it's one less mod you have to wait to update.

I totally agree, XACT is well made. Kind of makes me want to add it in my Unleashed pack. Good thing about using the FTB launcher is their universal configs, they will always have the same ID's now (should have) leaving only what mods you add to be changed if need be. Then it's just a matter of saving your config files and transferring to the next updated version. I know I stress a lot on using FTB as a base, but I honestly think it'll be worth it in the long run. It already has most mods we use (I also saw Weee! Flowers fly by in the console on loading) and is closely worked on with the mod authors. Wouldn't surprise me if XACT is added to the pack at some point. Don't forget about Applied Energistics having the crafting machine you can add to your network.  ;)

Biomes O' Plenty over Extra Biomes any day of the week.  hahahaha.... :lol:

Yeah I know what you're saying about using FTB as a base but it's not ready yet for 1.6.2 (even though you said it's around the corner) and I hate relying on yet another third party to maintain the mods I'm using. I already have everything from season 2 that I'm going to use (that has a 1.6 version available) installed and working in my game. I would have been done hours ago but keeping the forum post updated is more work than installing the mods! haha

Knock on wood I haven't had one ID conflict yet so either mod authors are really working together to not overlap or Forge has gotten smarter in assigning block IDs.

I've also dropped EBXL for Biomes O' Plenty! I've also dropped Wee Flowers since BOP adds enough flora to make it kind of redundant. I've also dropped a couple smaller IC2 add-ons that I didn't really need like Transformers and ChargePads... they were cool but I don't NEED them and it's just something else I have to worry about updating.

Also going full-steam-ahead with the experimental 2.0 of IC2 since that's what they appear to be updating now (the previous 118 hasn't been touched in 2 months or so).

Has anyone played around with Project: Red? Looks to be a complete RP2 replacement. It doesn't look as nicely done as RP2 but looks like it might be open source which means it should get maintained well.

EDIT: There's also a logic replacement by Immibis here... my kidney's are telling me that Immibis is a more active and reliable dev.

EDIT 2: Ehhh Immibis version seems to be real early for 1.6 and requires his microblocks mod. I'd prefer to use ChickenBones' microblocks (Forge Multipart).

Yeah, I didn't get nearly as far in season 2 as I'd like... didn't even really get into much of the tech mods other than Thermal Expansion. It was more of a vanilla LP than anything! I'm hoping that by getting an early jump on 1.6 that I can get a little bit more time out of this season and by trying to use mods that are actively developed.

Sengir has been working on BC for a while now and definitely has added a lot to it. I think he's on a bit of a break right now but CovertJaguar (from Railcraft) has been doing a lot of work on BC and from what I can tell is doing a great job and adding a ton of cool stuff. That's the good thing about open-source mods is that you can get a lot of people working on them that normally wouldn't have. cpw has also been adding a lot of stuff to BC and/or moving some of the core functionality into Forge for other mods to easily use (like the liquid api).

Edit: slowpoke just said on his stream that he's completely content with not updating FTB to 1.6 due to it not adding many features to the game. Take from that what you want but that makes me feel better about making my own mod pack. lol

It sounds like there won't be an FTB for 1.6 for a while - he said he wants to give server owners a sense of stability for a while. Sounds like they may just wait for 1.7.

Edited by Stylez

Edit: slowpoke just said on his stream that he's completely content with not updating FTB to 1.6 due to it not adding many features to the game. Take from that what you want but that makes me feel better about making my own mod pack. lol

It sounds like there won't be an FTB for 1.6 for a while - he said he wants to give server owners a sense of stability for a while. Sounds like they may just wait for 1.7.

Not adding many features? Has slowpoke been living under a rock? There are a ton of new things added to several mods. I have also seen a huge drop in development on FTB itself since they released it. Hyped it up enough for everyone to download it, then take their time updating it. They must have screwed up their new launcher that should have been done weeks ago. They nearly stopped completely giving out any information on the forums also. I was really counting on FTB so I wouldn't have to build my own pack. That idea is getting shot to hell.

I don't think they realized how much of a pain it is to maintain a massive list of mods that are always changing and maintain compatibility between updates. I think in 1.7 they're getting rid of block IDs so that should help... but then again if you don't need to worry about block IDs you can easily make your own mod packs.

Even making my own pack right now for 1.6 isn't that bad. I just have to delete my config folder once in a while when I get block ID conflicts and all the configs regenerate and sort themselves out. Obviously I couldn't do that if I was playing the game as it would corrupt my world but beforehand it's fine.

Gr8ful, I think he was talking about the game itself, not the Minecraft based on mods (that the FTB pack is actually related to). Actually it does adds lots to the game but Slowpoke knows what to do with the FTB.

Once upon a time I did config my own mods but I've decided to migrate to FTB and play on servers with many people (and moved my single player worlds to that modpack(s)). At 1.4.7 it was ok. Took some time to migrate ("some" as it was like forver) to 1.5 and I got tired of waiting and started again doing it all "old school" as GS said. After the update to 1.5 I am back to FTB but if they do not migrate soon to 1.6 I will be back to old school again.  B)

We turned this into "spam" but I've seen in the forums you guys had some kind of a server. Do you still have such thing or if you do not, do you plan to have again? And is it going to be FTB or custom pack?

GS, I think in your series you should automate your mining and add something like AE system or logistic pipes (got updated to a new higher level! :D ) and you will have the resourses to make the series more "interesting" to people. (you've complained about the lack of res) Usually I prefer your series rather than direwolf20's (for an example) because all he does is using some machines (boring to me). I love the way you plan your bases before you actually building it. S200 (or season 2) turned out pretty well speaking about this. The bridge was just AWESOME. Sadly it did not develop into anything better  :(.

So... when does the new season starts?  :lol:

Lol Koky....actually our FTB discussion has been ongoing pretty much since it was just an idea. I have also started my new season using FTB Unleashed, only I am now considering switching back to a custom modded client due to issues with some of the mod developers and 1.6.2. 

Thanks Koky, I do try to balance my series out between "BUILD ALL THE THINGS!" and adventure and designing nice bases/buildings.

We've been THINKING about setting up another server but haven't really settled on anything just yet. I have a computer here that I can install a Minecraft server on and I have a fiber internet connection being installed this Friday so I'm considering that option.

My series will be starting shortly after all the important mods on my list are updated to 1.6.2 and then I go through all the config options. I'm mainly waiting on Thermal Expansion and Minefactory Reloaded.

I have most of my mods figured out for the time being (see the pinned info thread). Next phase is to go through the list and update to the latest versions and look through the configs and disable some of the things I don't want and tweak some settings. Most of the mods remaining on the list that haven't been updated by the time I start configuring will just be dropped from the series as I think I have all my bases covered.

As far as I can remember, Thermal Expansion was working on 1.6 (even if not migrated to). The critical moments are when you are out of new world gen if new materials applied and when the machines are changed. I think it won't be affected and will just be migrated to 1.6 so you should be ok to start the season with it.

NEI plugins - once out there is no problem adding it, so... you are ok to start without it as well.

Omni tools - never actually liked this mod. LOL

Modular Powersuits Addons - Who cares about this as well?  :lol:

Some off-topic: I see there was a topic "The Gr8ful lands" but it was deleted - both topic and whole section. I've watched the first episode and part of the second. I want to comment!  :lol:

More off-topic: Stylez, when and where can we discuss the chance to open a server?

I for one haven't tried using TE in 1.6.2. I just assumed I had to wait for it to be updated. Might give it a try.

Hey Koky! You can view the topic on my series here. http://www.gamingstylez.com/forums/index.php/topic/310-thegr8lands-unleashed/?do=findComment&comment=1539 . Thanks for watching! I don't always add my new videos into this forum as the site is aimed toward GamingStylez videos. You can find my new episodes on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to subscribe! 

As far as I can remember, Thermal Expansion was working on 1.6 (even if not migrated to). The critical moments are when you are out of new world gen if new materials applied and when the machines are changed. I think it won't be affected and will just be migrated to 1.6 so you should be ok to start the season with it.

NEI plugins - once out there is no problem adding it, so... you are ok to start without it as well.

Omni tools - never actually liked this mod. LOL

Modular Powersuits Addons - Who cares about this as well?  :lol:

Some off-topic: I see there was a topic "The Gr8ful lands" but it was deleted - both topic and whole section. I've watched the first episode and part of the second. I want to comment!  :lol:

More off-topic: Stylez, when and where can we discuss the chance to open a server?

I probably won't use TE unless it happens to update before I start. I've found other mods to replace it anyway so, no big deal. As far as the server goes, I need to test a bit this weekend to see if it's feasible. If I do open a server it won't be a 24/7 dedicated server - I'll try to make it available but it won't be hosted in a data center so it won't have a 100% uptime.

I for one haven't tried using TE in 1.6.2. I just assumed I had to wait for it to be updated. Might give it a try.

Hey Koky! You can view the topic on my series here. http://www.gamingstylez.com/forums/index.php/topic/310-thegr8lands-unleashed/?do=findComment&comment=1539 . Thanks for watching! I don't always add my new videos into this forum as the site is aimed toward GamingStylez videos. You can find my new episodes on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to subscribe! 

I can always make a sub-forum for people to post their LPs, I have no problems with that!

I probably won't use TE unless it happens to update before I start. I've found other mods to replace it anyway so, no big deal. 

To replace in which way? IC with the macerator - ok, conduction pipes - ok, but how about the redstone energy cell? I cannot imagine living without it now. LOL

Gr8ful, I have no permission to view this part of the forum. But I can see the topic in the right panel.  :huh:

And nothing about a server  :mellow:

Gr8ful, I have no permission to view this part of the forum. But I can see the topic in the right panel.  :huh:

I don't understand why that is, it's a subforum under General Discussion. Stylez may need to look into permissions for that Forum. Even when I open the forum I see nothing but I can go to the link I posted. Strange indeed. In any case, you can also reach my YouTube page through my signature or by this link. http://www.youtube.com/user/Gr8fulGames

I don't understand why that is, it's a subforum under General Discussion. Stylez may need to look into permissions for that Forum. Even when I open the forum I see nothing but I can go to the link I posted. Strange indeed. In any case, you can also reach my YouTube page through my signature or by this link. http://www.youtube.com/user/Gr8fulGames

The permissions look fine it's just your topic is hidden or something. It doesn't even show up in the forum list but I can see it ok as an admin. See if you can get to this thread Koky: http://www.gamingstylez.com/forums/index.php/topic/316-test/

To replace in which way? IC with the macerator - ok, conduction pipes - ok, but how about the redstone energy cell? I cannot imagine living without it now. LOL

Ender IO replaces a lot of the functionality of TE. It has equivelants to conductive pipes, liquiducts, acqeuous accumulators, and energy cells... and a lot more stuff. It doesn't have equivelants for all of TE but in my opinion the most important stuff is covered and then some.

I have not seen this mod before but I've checked it out it looks cool.

And I cannot see the thread.

Ok that forum was really broken. It was set to only show topics from "today" but when I changed that it still was showing as empty and couldn't get it to come back to life. I made a new entertainment forum and moved all the topics. So all the topics are there but it's possible that any old links are broken.

Glad I'm still sick and can't start my LP because now I have to wait for mods to update to 1.6.4. I can't find a changelog anywhere for 1.6.3/1.6.4 because I'm really curious why they were needed after having 1.6.2 for almost 3 months and 1.7 is coming.

1.7 snapshots broke building generation (villages, fortresses, etc.) 1.6.3/1.6.4 is an upgrade step to fix that for people switching their world saves to 1.7 without it breaking. Their buildings were spawning in random locations when tested.

So no S 2.5 until 1.7?

We (or just me) have waited for 1.5, RedPower, 1.6, TE, now 1.7?

If this is the case - I am disappointed! And if this is the case - we will have to start a server (and turn at least 30 hours during the first 2 days :ph34r: ) to fill the emptiness in my soul!  :lol:

From what I've played in the snapshots, the new rendering engine has been vastly improved. Better framerates, plus more excellent content. Really looking forward to what future updates hold for this great game. Mods or no mods, I'll be enjoying vanilla gameplay a lot more than before.

So no S 2.5 until 1.7?

We (or just me) have waited for 1.5, RedPower, 1.6, TE, now 1.7?

If this is the case - I am disappointed! And if this is the case - we will have to start a server (and turn at least 30 hours during the first 2 days :ph34r: ) to fill the emptiness in my soul!  :lol:

No I'll be doing S2.5 with 1.6.4 hopefully. Who knows when 1.7 will be out and it's another huge update so I think mods will take a while. Should be able to get pretty far with 1.6 I'm hoping.

• 1 month later...

Comment about Episode 8 (youtube wants me to log in Google+ that I have no idea how to do so, just yet  :lol:):

bronze - you did not have space for 2 of the copper ores in the smeltery and they were left in the inv.

bees - bee house is the lowest bee-keeping-thing. As you know, with the scoop you will get combs from time to time and with the first 5 combs - bee house. The bee house does not have place for frames but it has a pretty high production (combs) based on the apiary (without frames). I am not sure but as far as I can remember it was about 3 or 4 times more than the apiary. If you want the bees to mutate - bee house does not work and you have to get to the next level - apiary.

And btw, I am really enjoying the "What?! What the..?!" Minecraft did change a lot since you have played for the last time

Thanks to Gr8ful for the farm-thing. I was wondering why I keep breeding cows and sheeps and my farms are always empty...

Yeah I did a little research after the episode and watched the video and figured out a lot of stuff. Those 2 coppers that didn't go into the smeltery really confused me! RIght now I'm using apiaries with frames in the one with the marshy bees but now that I have a ton of combs I'll probably put some bee houses in since i don't really plan to mutate anything until I get some more bees.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.