GamingStylez

Snapshot!

Well guys, I have a dedicated server running on a separate machine here at the house. It's nothing fancy and is only meant for maybe 5-10 people. It's running vanilla 1.4.6 at the moment and you're welcome to stop in if you get bored. :rolleyes:

Bhahaha...ummm..yea..it's up :P

Been having a little trouble with the other PC logging me out while I'm in another game. If it's down when you check, chances are it'll be back up in no time. Just keep checking.

EDIT: By the way...I'm running Windows 7 now...finally. Worked on that for awhile this morning getting it setup on a separate partition. It's working well and I should also finally have some new videos coming pretty soon since that also fixed my audio recording problem. B)

Hmmmm...Vanilla, FTB, or a custom pack for my server? You decide for me. :P

:D Poll is at the top of this thread. Vote!

EDIT: Okay, I'll leave the poll up..but to let everyone know, I am running the Mindcrack FTB mod pack on the server with 1 exception. If you want to connect and play you need to disable Greg Tech in the mods list. I took the best of both using the FTB client with a bit of a custom feel to it. ;)

This should make things a little easier for everyone.

"I am running a temporary FTB server for us at the moment. You need the Feed The Beast client to connect. Once you have Feed The Beast client running, choose the Mindcrack Mod Pack from the list on the left side. Next, you need to click on Edit Mod Pack. Find GregTechMod in the list and click Disable. You are now ready to connect! The address is:

thegr8lands.no-ip.org

Be sure to connect using the Mindcrack Mod Pack!"

Of course, if you want to use Optifine all you have to do is add it to the 'JarMods' tab.

I've been experimenting with my server lately. At the moment it's only running forge and treecapitator r.01 on 1.4.6. You're all welcome to stop in. I'm thinking of adding mods to it as I go to give a friend of mine some experience with the industrial mods we play. He's pretty new to the game and still learning vanilla stuff. Sorry for switching everything around on you guys! I did have some networking issues a few days ago, but I think that's all sorted now. ;)

That would be because as I posted above, I'm running the server with forge(.489) and treecapitator only at the moment to get a friend familiar with the game.

EDIT: Okay..FTB is back up and running! You should have no trouble connecting now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely zero problems logging into my FTB server now guys! We're using all latest versions of the Direwolf20 pack with no additions. Load it up and log in! Why the Direwolf20 pack? Simple... it doesn't contain GregTech. :D

Server info:

thegr8lands.no-ip.org

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Server map has been reset guys! Server Play series is ready to get started! :D

I know it's a little bit of short notice, but I still have the old map if anyone is interested in downloading it. ;) Let me know if there's any issue downloading the save file.

Also, the server no longer has the essentials commands available and the OP list has been cleared. There is also a special surprise awaiting everyone! 

World Download:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7UXSY65ofnINVlSUVFXbGJwUEk/edit

More than likely I'll be whitelisting the server. The usual players are already on the list, so if you want to be on the whitelist let me know in this thread or via private message. The people on the list so far are:

• Gr8ful
  • JasentyonMine
  • DogEatingFish
  • Skuddles
  • Stylez84
  • Dig_215
  • 1 month later...

Yea, about that....lol. It's also been 2 weeks for anyone to comment about the server being down. I took down the server mainly because the PC hosting it just doesn't have the RAM to  run it. I could possibly run a vanilla build if anyone is interested without much problem, but it seems the FTB server just requires more than my old PC can deliver for a smooth playing environment. Let me know what you think about a Vanilla server and I'll set it up. If I do, it's going to be all the latest snapshots with no mods. 

• 6 months later...

Ok, for some reason it drops me out. :\

Edit: Yup, 13w39b. Even when you left, same thing happened. Also, the "signal" is very low.

Edit2: ping 1600. I see what the problem is here... Vanilla Minecraft does not want me there! LOL  :lol:

• 1 month later...

I think I know what the problem was. I have tried to connect to a FTB server and I had problems. Investigated a bit and found out that after the fresh installation of the Windows my java version is TOO NEW. lol

The solution was (didn't try, just read it) "downgrade".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.