GamingStylez

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're talking about the 1.2.5 stuff it's just so you can play the original FTB map while waiting for the new stuff to be updated and released. FTB launcher is a lot like MutliMC where you can have

Yep! I'm considering just ditching the server until Minecraft and the mods stabilize... it's not worth the $30 a month to just sit there "waiting for the stars to align."   EDIT: I've requested canc

Whatever FTB adds for mods is what we'll use for the most part as it has most of the mods (or all of them) I wanted to use and then some.

Yep! I'm considering just ditching the server until Minecraft and the mods stabilize... it's not worth the $30 a month to just sit there "waiting for the stars to align."

EDIT: I've requested cancellation at the end of the current billing cycle. I'll re-evaluate when RP2 comes out and FTB is updated and stabilized to the point they're not removing mods from the pack and corrupting worlds. Also hoping to see more Bukkit-like mods ported to Forge. I'm also working on projects in Second Life and don't have time to devote to a finnicky SMP server right now.

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 2013/01/15

I dont see the need really to switch to ftb i mean it doesnt even have equivalent exchange and i dont think tekkit is going to be shut down by the modders any time soon because of the attention that it has brung to the individual mods. It doesnt even have optifine and again, equivalent exchange is a huge deal (at least to me)

EE wouldnt be on this server considering the theme of what Stylez is going for. FTB has mods that are constantly being updated by mod authors/devs. I swear, everytime I log into the FTB launcher, there is an update. When I logged into Tekkit, there was no update. There hasnt been an update for it in months. Therefor, the wiser option to chose is FTB. If you want EE and TC2, try the mod pack in the launcher itself called Magic World or something.

The main reason I think we are moving away from Tekkit is the fact that they never had proper permissions from the mod authors to use their mods in the pack. FTB has full support of the mod authors and as Jasenty pointed out, FTB seems to consistently update. FTB has several different packs to choose from, including the "Magic" pack which contains Equivalent Exchange as well as other magic type mods; i.e Twilight Forest, Mystcraft, Thaumcraft, etc.