GamingStylez

Minecraft 1.3

If you're planning on playing on the SMP server after 1.3 is released, make sure you keep a working copy of 1.2.5 around for a bit! It's likely that bukkit won't be updated to 1.3 for a while so the server will remain as 1.2.5 until that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to try downloading the server and running it on 1.3 locally but it appears the SMP server host is having back end issues so I can't FTP to the Minecraft server.

Also, from those that have had some time to play a bit of 1.3... is there any reason I should wait before upgrading the server?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're looking at adding Industrialcraft, Buildcraft, RedPower, Forestry, and RailCraft for sure. If there are others I'm sure Stylez can fill in the blanks. At the moment we have a temporary Tekkit server running until Bukkit ports are in place for these mods. Hope this helps!

Well, I reformatted the PC and am kind of trying to avoid adding Tekkit to the desktop, otherwise I'd be on there. Also working on my new Let's Play videos seem to be taking more of my time than previously expected. :unsure: Once the server is off of Tekkit, I plan to start doing SMP videos as well.

I would be fine with 1.3 on the server personally, Industrial or Vanilla.

Well, I reformatted the PC and am kind of trying to avoid adding Tekkit to the desktop, otherwise I'd be on there. Also working on my new Let's Play videos seem to be taking more of my time than previously expected. :unsure: Once the server is off of Tekkit, I plan to start doing SMP videos as well.

I would be fine with 1.3 on the server personally, Industrial or Vanilla.

haha Welcome to my world! Making videos is a time black hole. You'll understand why I spent $1500 on an upgrade just to encode videos faster soon enough!

haha Welcome to my world! Making videos is a time black hole. You'll understand why I spent $1500 on an upgrade just to encode videos faster soon enough!

Yea, I can already understand why. Even with your last PC, my old dinosaur takes probably 3 times longer than that one to encode a video. But it finishes eventually. :lol:

Waiting on the word from Stylez for what direction we're taking the server/plugins. At the moment I think RedPower is the only one we're waiting for. Seems by that time the 1.4 (pretty scary update) will be available. Still, I'd be fine if we ran a complete vanilla server including the latest snapshots. Would be good I think instead of waiting on these mods to update and port to bukkit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.