GamingStylez

More like a week! It wasn't so bad once I figured out that I can export unused IDs from NEI (shut up Gr8ful). I also made sure to leave a good 10 block buffer above vanilla block IDs for future updates. Who knows what's going to happen when 1.3 comes out though... hopefully I shouldn't have to modify any IDs but now I'll be using so many mods it's going to take forever for them to all get updated.

Oh lord.... I was actually thinking of attempting to replicate the mods you have and try to live my own little industrialized world... Now, it seems very unlikely that Ill get much going...

Do you happen to know anything about 1.3 and what it promises to bring other than some multiplayer fixes?

Oh lord.... I was actually thinking of attempting to replicate the mods you have and try to live my own little industrialized world... Now, it seems very unlikely that Ill get much going...

Do you happen to know anything about 1.3 and what it promises to bring other than some multiplayer fixes?

Check out this page on the wiki.

There's a trick to installing Forge mods on a fresh install of Minecraft. As long as you remove all config files (if you've already installed a mod), most of the bigger forge mods will dynamically choose their IDs based on what's available. Some mods are hard coded though like ExtraBiomes, HarvestCraft, ComputerCraft... mostly mods that "tolerate" Forge instead of inherently using it.

Also, if you look in the RedPower2 config file, there's a variable where you can tell it to auto reassign block IDs but this will jack up any pre-existing worlds.

From what I can tell in my limited testing is that it seems that the mods will all communicate with each other (via forge) and figure out which block IDs they can use as long as they're all installed and ran for the first time at the same time. I can't remember how good it works if, say, you added IC2 after you already ran the game with RP2 or BC installed.

Good info for anyone running these mods for the first time. Unfortunately, I tried adding RP World after running all others. Long story short...(i.e) Wood looked like TNT, Redstone looked like planks, etc... :wacko: :wacko:

• 3 months later...

So I've went though a lot of the mods we're waiting on for season two and here's a list of mods that still need to be updated:

AtmosMobs

ComputerCraft Sensors

Simple Harvestcraft

Weee! Flowers

Redpower 2

Turrent Mod

Wireless Redstone (chicken bones edition)

Somnia

So the list is still quite extensive. I can start the LP without the ones that don't have any sort of world gen. So once these get updated I can start the LP:

Simple Harvestcraft

Weee! Flowers

Redpower 2

Everything else should be self-contained and can be added at a later date. If anyone has any information that says the opposite of what I'm thinking please let me know!

Actually nevermind that... it looks like Pam's mods are updated to 1.3.2!

http://www.minecraft...t/topic/402069-

I don't see an option to download just Weee Flowers on that page though except inside the mega mod package...

Looks like we're only waiting on RedPower 2 now.

EDIT: Looks like I have to download the mega mod package and then disable everything to get Wee Flowers only (I want these for the dye for cables plus they look nice). I'm wondering if I should just go balls out and get the whole mod package and have like 2983759873 new foods to eat? lol

I'm removing the Pam's mods from the LP... now that it's one big combined package it adds a ton of crap that I don't want and I can't figure out how to disable the bloat. Despite being disabled in the config a lot of it is still generating. I might still use the Simple HarvestCraft mod as that is still a separate mod but the flowers one is out unfortunately. Hopefully I can find another mod to add dyes.

Edit: Okay I can't find anything to add a lot of dyes that isn't overpowered. I found a good mod like Wee Flowers but it made it so you could get lapis, bonemeal, and ink sacs from flowers. Another flower mod only added 3 flower dyes but required the addition of biomes and had to be installed in the jar. So... I'm going to use the entire Pam's Combined Mod and disable what I can and live with the rest. On the bright side I can now make lime coloured planks... yay?!

I've updated the info thread with the current list of mods I'll be using. The list is getting quite extensive and looks like it's going to be a lot of fun this season! Hopefully it's not too tricky to update the game with all these mods...

On the same note, 1.4 is slated for release in 9 days (Oct 24th) so it's looking like we may be waiting for 1.4 before the LP kicks off. I'm really just waiting for RedPower to update but I have a feeling it may not hit until 1.4 is out and we'll be waiting for 1.4 mod updates. I'm thinking that the updates to 1.4 will take a LOT less time than they did for 1.3 as the updates to 1.3 were major due to the engine changes in Minecraft.

Anyway, we'll play it by ear and see what happens! I want to spend a few days playtesting the mods before I start the LP anyway to make sure everything is most things are working and seem balanced.

I'm being careful this season when I install the mods to leave a good 20 or so block IDs above the defaults to allow for vanilla additions. That's what screwed me last season - I had a lot of RedPower IDs that were overlapped by new vanilla stuff and I couldn't edit the IDs in my save with mIDas. That's why I got stuck on 1.2.3.

After what they went through for 1.3.2 they can probably port to 1.4 in their sleep! haha

But seriously, most mods all use Forge hooks so I think these mods will almost work right out of the box when Forge is updated without the mod creator having to change much, if anything, at all.

I'm going to wait until 1.4 now since the pre-release is already out. Forge has already been ported to 1.4 as well as a preliminary version of IC2 and Iron Chest. So it looks like it's quick to port from 1.3 to 1.4 as expected. There's still no sign of RP2 being released so I would say it's probably going to be a 1.4 mod. I'm also waiting for Mystcraft to be updated to not be a JAR mod as I think I'm going to use it in my LP.

Yeah I've been watching DW20s videos almost daily lately. Mystcraft is as close to magic as I'm going to get! My reasoning is that Minecraft itself has a small bit of magical stuff in it with enchanting and stuff but I feel things like Thaumcraft and EE add way too much magic for the industrial theme of Industrialized.

Maybe when TC3 and EE2 come out I will do another series that focuses more on magic... but I dunno if I have the time or energy to do two Minecraft series' at the same time. lol No idea how DW20 puts out so much content he's obviously not human (or doesn't work 8 hours a day?).