GamingStylez

• 2 months later...

I added the Enchanting Plus mod and gave it a try. Seems to cost a lot more XP for what you get using that. I think I'll go back to low level book enchants and combining those on an anvil. XP cost is much lower and you get what you want on your equipment.

I added the Enchanting Plus mod and gave it a try. Seems to cost a lot more XP for what you get using that. I think I'll go back to low level book enchants and combining those on an anvil. XP cost is much lower and you get what you want on your equipment.

I dunno about that! Even enchanting books is too random for my taste. Took me 20+ books to get fortune on one of them... I think that's a lot more XP than any extra XP you'd use with the Enchanting Plus mod. Granted the extra random enchantments you end up with can be stored and applied to things at a later date, you gotta admit you'd end up with a lot of books you probably would never use.

Don't know what you're enchanting or if they're different for different items (I think it would cost more to enchant iron or maybe sapphire) but Fortune 3 on a diamond pickaxe only cost me 20 levels. Unbreaking 3 was 18 levels and Efficiency 4 was 21. So 59 levels for a bad ass pick with exactly what I wanted on it. You COULD maybe get the same thing for probably 30 levels if all the stars aligned and by random chance you got all the good stuff applied with one enchant on the vanilla enchanting table.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have a tough time repairing the pick on an anvil (if I even can, it's probably too high) but I can just disenchant the current one to get most of my XP back and enchant another one.

One thing I was thinking about the books... doesn't it cost XP to combine books and also to apply the book's enchant to an item?

About 6 xp per combination/enchant with the books.

That random chance using lvl 30 (even if it yielded something I didn't want) can always be added to something else later on. I enchanted a sapphire pick I believe and got Eff II, Fortune II, Unbreaking II costing 32 xp. I have a random chance at lvl 30 for all those at III. Even though it is random, it's cheaper and better enchants. And like I said..can be combined/upgraded with other items later on if needed on the anvil.

• 1 month later...

I might be scaling back a lot on this series as it's just not catching on. There's wayyyyy too many Minecraft series on YouTube so to get any sort of viewership is extremely hard. I'm not stopping this series I'm just refocusing a bit on some other fresh things (like SimCity).

I know I have some die-hards that always watch the series every Tuesday and Thursday so it sucks that I'll have to cut back but I thank you guys for your support!

Again, I want to stress that I'm not stopping the series, I'm just relaxing my commitment to the Tuesday/Thursday schedule. As I mentioned in my latest video, Minecraft is a hard game to do an entertaining LP for. It takes a lot of prep (like mining) that people don't want to see in a video in order to do the interesting stuff on camera. It's also hard to keep the mods updated every couple weeks which can take 2 - 3 hours depending on how much has changed.