GamingStylez

Buildcraft  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the server to become a Buildcraft server?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't really bother me
  2. 2. Would you be okay with installing the mods yourself?

• Yes
    • No, I would like a simple minecraft.jar i can place in my folder

Okay 'sho':

Everyone I have spoken too has said that they would like the server to become a build craft server (yes everybody)...

**NOTE** We would NOT need a new map! the current one will remain!

Vote vote vote!

well, i dont mind if we get it or not, but, if we did then since moveing oil is such a pain and no one wants to do it, we could sell that in bukkets or somting or tanks, i dont know just a sugestion

i likee it

Where do you propose on getting the oil? lol

Half of the map isn't even generated yet Doucheeeeeeee. but yeah like edd said, everybody has enough to buy it at the admin shop... and i think it's nothing the ol' GamingStylez staff team couldn't sort out ;-)!

well, i dont mind if we get it or not, but, if we did then since moveing oil is such a pain and no one wants to do it, we could sell that in bukkets or somting or tanks, i dont know just a sugestion

I think it would be a good idea to have an unlimited link of oil to each town (for a high price) from the spawn area... because even with a newly generated map there will never be enough oil for everyone!

I'm gonna need to see more input on this thread from active players on the server before I decide what to do. I think it would be better to just worldedit oil plots in for people (3x3 to bedrock). Obviously we'd have to figure out a way to charge for this... maybe a free oil well and then pay to refill. Using command signs we could configure it to set worldguard regions to oil and charge money.. I think that would work.

I'm gonna need to see more input on this thread from active players on the server before I decide what to do. I think it would be better to just worldedit oil plots in for people (3x3 to bedrock). Obviously we'd have to figure out a way to charge for this... maybe a free oil well and then pay to refill. Using command signs we could configure it to set worldguard regions to oil and charge money.. I think that would work.

Sounds awesome!

Adding only buildcraft could be done I think, but it will also limit new members joining as well. They would have to be able to mod their client before even connecting right? The idea sounds awesome, but perhaps its something several members could do on a whitelisted, (hosted), vanilla server?? More input is needed indeed.

Adding only buildcraft could be done I think, but it will also limit new members joining as well. They would have to be able to mod their client before even connecting right? The idea sounds awesome, but perhaps its something several members could do on a whitelisted, (hosted), vanilla server?? More input is needed indeed.

What!?, yeah they would have to mod their client but we could just make one for them (considering we'll have them ourselves it shouldn't be that hard) and another server would probably cost a bunch.

Can we pump oil out of adminshop? Or at least buy oil buckets through a logistics network?

Also, it is possible (but maybe difficult) to make it so you don't need BC on client to join. But you would need it to see BC blocks/items and to become a builder.

Yeah, they would need to have a modded client. That's why I planned on using Tekkit so people could just download the Technic pack. But yeah, being vanilla and easy to connect to is a big goal for the server.

What!?, yeah they would have to mod their client but we could just make one for them (considering we'll have them ourselves it shouldn't be that hard) and another server would probably cost a bunch.

I don't want to get into supplying mod packs, that's super sketchy.

Can we pump oil out of adminshop? Or at least buy oil buckets through a logistics network?

Also, it is possible (but maybe difficult) to make it so you don't need BC on client to join. But you would need it to see BC blocks/items and to become a builder.

You could buy oil buckets from an admin shop, yes. But how much of a pain is that?

I like the idea of a Buildcraft server, but it's just not quite what I had in mind. I want a full blown industrial server and that isn't going to happen without a map reset. I don't want our server to be just some other half-assed server that no one really wants to play on. It's for that reason I was willing to make a second server if the first one was popular and I could afford it, but other than you die-hards that's mostly not the case. lol

So to make a long story short, I think you're just going to have to suck it up and play on the almost-vanilla server. I totally had a poll up before the server was even purchased and most everyone (including myself) wanted the first server to be vanilla.

Yeah, they would need to have a modded client. That's why I planned on using Tekkit so people could just download the Technic pack. But yeah, being vanilla and easy to connect to is a big goal for the server.

I don't want to get into supplying mod packs, that's super sketchy.

You could buy oil buckets from an admin shop, yes. But how much of a pain is that?

I like the idea of a Buildcraft server, but it's just not quite what I had in mind. I want a full blown industrial server and that isn't going to happen without a map reset. I don't want our server to be just some other half-assed server that no one really wants to play on. It's for that reason I was willing to make a second server if the first one was popular and I could afford it, but other than you die-hards that's mostly not the case. lol

So to make a long story short, I think you're just going to have to suck it up and play on the almost-vanilla server. I totally had a poll up before the server was even purchased and most everyone (including myself) wanted the first server to be vanilla.

NNNNOoooooooo *dramatic voice*

NNNNOoooooooo *dramatic voice*

hahaha I know, I know. You can tell by my post before that one that I was entertaining the thought but common sense got in the way.

Basically what it comes down to is: Who wants to play on a Buildcraft 2.x server? It's just enough of a pain to have to mod your game for one mod that no one will want to. It's better to just leave it at vanilla or add the rest of the indy mods. Tekkit doesn't have forestry and I'd really want that mod... fml...

so basically we are in the situation of all or nuffin: we either rest the map and have every mod, or leave it and have non

Yep. I'd prefer leaving the current server as it is. I want an easy to join server to attract the peeps.

Meh, I say we re-think about tekkit in the future! i would much like that, Maybe when everybody here has gotten bored or something (i know i am now because i don't have much to do) but yeah.. I think it would be cool as a tekkit!

Meh, I say we re-think about tekkit in the future! i would much like that, Maybe when everybody here has gotten bored or something (i know i am now because i don't have much to do) but yeah.. I think it would be cool as a tekkit!

I agree... everyone will likely get bored eventually, then we'll do a map reset and switch to Tekkit if we don't have another server by then (doubt we will). Luckily the server is still small so it's not that hard to switch.

When I said running a (hosted) server for us "die-hards", I referred to one of us hosting an Industrial server to mess around with...nothing fancy with billing for only a few people :P

Can't believe you are getting bored already Gizmo :blink: I have future plans of expanding my castle further into the Jungle I've settled in. Perhaps what you need is some exploration of the rest of the seed. :lol:

I know you probably don't want to pay for 2 servers, but what if you save the world we have now and like at 12 AM to 12 PM you do the vanilla version, but from 12 PM to 12 AM you do the tekkit server

Because I don't have time to reconfigure the server twice a day. lol

Nah, This wouldn't work as such i don't think... another server would have to be run by stylez for it to be reliable and to be an official gamingstylez server! :P, But it's nice to see the community is willing to do things!

I think it's a brill idea for us to install build craft on the server!

I have to agree with Stylez, we should go Tekkit more than Buildcraft. It would give everyone loads of things to do. All we would have to wait for is either 1.3 to come out, or for everyone to get bored. Im starting on my trek of boredom...

I have to agree with Stylez, we should go Tekkit more than Buildcraft. It would give everyone loads of things to do. All we would have to wait for is either 1.3 to come out, or for everyone to get bored. Im starting on my trek of boredom...

Yeah but for that we would need a new map and pretty much all of the regular players are against that (including me), with build craft we wouldn't nee a new map, even if we did have one there still wouldn't be enough oil for everybody.. so we would just charge people via sign and have world edit refill a well with oil or something!

Yeah but for that we would need a new map and pretty much all of the regular players are against that (including me), with build craft we wouldn't nee a new map, even if we did have one there still wouldn't be enough oil for everybody.. so we would just charge people via sign and have world edit refill a well with oil or something!

This is true. And I guess with 1.3 coming soon, multiplayer tekkit will be a lot easier for smaller groups. We wouldnt need to dedicate big servers to running tekkit, but rather just invite small groups of players to make Jaffa Cake Factories. (:

I'm against Tekkit. I think Buildcraft would be fun to have, while keeping to the theme of being a vanilla server. A full blown tekkit server woulld be a bit heavy if you ask me. :)

I agree!
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.