GamingStylez

Hey guys!

Basically I'm going to be ending my current Industrialized LP when 1.3 comes out because my game has become such a mess with block IDs that I really don't want to fix it and I want to start something new.

What I want to know is what mods should I use for season 2 of Industrialized (other than the staple mods)?

Update Jun 27:

Confirmed

Tested and not using

Currently planning to use:

Optifine

Somnia

Buildcraft 3 (with logistics pipes)

IndustrialCraft2 (with compact solars, charging bench)

Forestry

Redpower2 (no redpower control)

ComputerCraft instead of the Redpower computer (Forth is too complicated so I'd never use it)

Railcraft

Wireless Redstone (chicken bones edition)

NEI

Treecapitator

Currently considering using:

Convenient Inventory

MAtmos

ExtraBiomes (too many block IDs and risk of incompatibility with biome related mods)

Atmosmobs (don't think it's compatible with ExtraBiomes so one or the other... mo creatures adds way too many mobs)

Better Ore Distribution (made ores too hard to find and too much config for mods that add ores)

The Better Animation Collection

UGOcraft (incompatible with forge)

It's basically "more of the same" but with a couple different mods and updated mods. I got some/most ideas from the Technic pack but decided against using the Technic pack as it has a LOT of mods that I don't want to use (I know I can disable them but it's just more crap to wade through). I don't want to use any mods with magic like EE or Thaumcraft.

Anyone have any other mod suggestions? The mods I'm considering using are mostly aesthetic mods - so if you know of any mods that add aesthetics to the game (trees, flowers, little animals, building materials) let me know!

As of this post, I have 3 more videos left to upload for Industrialized (episode 60 being the last one). So episode 61 will probably be a farewell episode to that season depending on the timing for 1.3.

EDIT: I know I didn't get to a lot of the uber high-end industrial stuff in the mods but that's not the purpose of my LP. The purpose of my Industrialized series is just to have fun playing the game and not rushing through everything. Maybe in season 2 I'll take a whole new approach but I'm too laid back to rush through the tech tree!

Edited by Stylez
Changed thread title

Would Thaumcraft2 be resource heavy? It's a handy mod to have, but it adds in a whole lot more complexity...

Have you heard of MultiMC?

I don't want to use any mods with magic like EE or Thaumcraft.

I haven't heard of MultiMC but I have been trying out Magic Launcher. I think I'm going to avoid these launchers and stick with Minecraft Portable as I have complete control over my game. I'll probably use MCL for testing different mods and doing mod spotlights though.

What about UgoCraft?

I'll look into that one, it looks pretty cool! Hopefully it's forge compatible.

MultiMC is basically multiple .minecraft folders and a cool selection menu. you make a new folder and call it what the configuration will be, and then you can just install the mods like you regularly would. I would recommend Minecolony. It's not very industrial but I like the idea of having a bunch of little people run around and making things for you. It's still a little buggy so I wouldn't add it right away but it doesn't add any terrain generation so you could add it when ever you want.

MultiMC is basically multiple .minecraft folders and a cool selection menu. you make a new folder and call it what the configuration will be, and then you can just install the mods like you regularly would. I would recommend Minecolony. It's not very industrial but I like the idea of having a bunch of little people run around and making things for you. It's still a little buggy so I wouldn't add it right away but it doesn't add any terrain generation so you could add it when ever you want.

Still buggy? Wow, I thought that's been around forever?

I thought about trying Millinaire too but I'm not quite sold on it yet. I may try Mo' Creatures but disable a lot of the animals.. I mostly just want small animals like birds, fish, turtles, mice. There's a lot of mods I want to try but I don't want to add so many that I end up hanging myself every time Minecraft is updated.

Millinare is an interesting mod. The questing of finding resources for the villages can be very entertaining, but after a while, their villages begin to get annoying... Have you considered getting a mod called Twilight Forest? I found it a very interesting land, filled with many bugs and huge trees to experiment with. It is accessed by a portal and from there can be used like the Nether. Just an idea'r.

[media=width="560" height="315&quot]

[/media]

Here is a video by Direwolf20 explaining in depth the twilight forest. It adds new blocks and a new dimension. an a couple of new mobs.

(Note: the hollow hill that he went in is a very small one! They can get much bigger and grow stalactites of redstone and diamond!)

[media=width="560" height="315]

[/media]

Here is a video by Direwolf20 explaining in depth the twilight forest. It adds new blocks and a new dimension. an a couple of new mobs.

(Note: the hollow hill that he went in is a very small one! They can get much bigger and grow stalactites of redstone and diamond!)

Thanks Furry(:

I'll take a look at Twilight forest I just don't know how much it fits in with the industrial theme. lol

Seems kinda magical to me!

I think it is a bit magical, now that you say that...

Im racking my brain right now trying to think of some really cool mods that would tie in well with the Industrialized theme. Better Than Wolves maybe?

Better than Wolves would NEVER work with IC2 or Buildcraft (other than Better then Buildcraft) and it's not forge compatible anymore. I'd love to use BTW in my LP but it's "incompatible with everything" lol

On second thought I've decided to give MultiMC a try and like it a lot so far (better than Magic Launcher). I especially like the ability to import and export configs which will hopefully help me share my maps in the future.

On second thought I've decided to give MultiMC a try and like it a lot so far (better than Magic Launcher). I especially like the ability to import and export configs which will hopefully help me share my maps in the future.

Looks like I might have to check this one out then. I like the idea with magic launcher not editing the minecraft.jar , does MultiMC utilize this, or would I be back to adding mods manually?

BTW....I vote on MAtmos. This adds a nice touch to the sound engine.

Looks like I might have to check this one out then. I like the idea with magic launcher not editing the minecraft.jar , does MultiMC utilize this, or would I be back to adding mods manually?

BTW....I vote on MAtmos. This adds a nice touch to the sound engine.

You dont have to manually add in mods I believe. There is an option to select mod files (.zip, .win) and adjust when they are installed in what order. It has proven to be quite handy. If that is what you are talking about.

What exactly is MAtmos?

Yeah MultiMC is basically the same as Magic Launcher but it creates multiple instances/copies for each version/config of Minecraft you want instead of moving files in and out of your main Minecraft folder. There's a tab for adding mods to the jar, and a tab for the regular mods folder. There's also a tab for resources that sound mods usually need. It also gives you the ability to import and export configurations.

What exactly is MAtmos?

It adds ambient sound to Minecraft like wind blowing, birds chirping, etc.

Well, I tried it and couldn't get my mods to work correctly with it. I set up 2 separate instances with Vanilla, and Industrialcraft. Modded instance would crash every time. Think I'll stick with Magic Launcher, I can set up different instances with that as well only having to point the settings to the correct folder. ML also has the compatibility check which I like.

Well, I tried it and couldn't get my mods to work correctly with it. I set up 2 separate instances with Vanilla, and Industrialcraft. Modded instance would crash every time. Think I'll stick with Magic Launcher, I can set up different instances with that as well only having to point the settings to the correct folder. ML also has the compatibility check which I like.

User error! haha

I agree with the compatibility check of Magic Launcher... I like that feature as well.

you should use the turret mod

I would have to agree with Humble right now, since you did a modspotlight on it, it might make sense to put it in. The turrets could keep you company and you could also use them to protect you while you build with BC or IC or any other type of building. Not to mention that they're also pretty boss.

I would have to agree with Humble right now, since you did a modspotlight on it, it might make sense to put it in. The turrets could keep you company and you could also use them to protect you while you build with BC or IC or any other type of building. Not to mention that they're also pretty boss.

http://www.gamingstylez.com/forums/index.php/topic/147-industrialized-season-2-info/

Hey! Stylez! Have you heard of the 4096 ID Edit mod? (I hope that's what it's called...) I haven't experimented much with it, but I would guess it allows for more ID's for more mods! It would allow better placement of your ID's as well(: Food for thought.

Yeah I've seen that but haven't really played around with it. I'm not sure how compatible it is and it would have to be something that's updated all the time. I think I read something about Forge having or getting this feature soon but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I read that too, after I did a bit more research.

Anyways, Thought it might help you out a bit(:

So far I'm not using enough mods to hit the 256 limit so I'm still within my comfort zone. Plus I don't want to add TOO many mods as then it becomes extremely labour intensive every time an update for Minecraft comes out.

You could take a look at the planes mod

http://www.minecraft...otally-awesome/

It's technical, it fits the industrialized theme and makes travelling around easier.

I've looked at that one but if I were to get a vehicle mod it would be the Trains and Zeppelin mod one as it integrates with Railcraft, Buildcraft, and IndustrialCraft.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.