Server Address: mc.gamingstylez.com
Live Map: http://mc.gamingstylez.com:25566
Buycraft Web Store: https://gamingstylez.buycraft.net/ (Buycraft purchases do not get you donor status on server!)
Getting Build Rights
Note: Anyone is free to join the server and look around.
The requirements are very minimal:
- Have a forum account here on GamingStylez in good standing.
- Have 3 forum posts that aren't spam. Starting topics with no valuable content to get your post count to 3 will be removed.
Have an avatavar. Removed requirement as avatar detection is hit or miss. Only detects uploaded avatars.
Why do we have these requirements? Well, these requirements are another step to keep out griefers and it helps to build a community around the server. This obviously won't keep out all griefers but it makes their life a little bit more difficult.
Requirements last updated May 23, 2012.
- No griefing.
- No spamming or harassing other players.
- Keep swearing to a minimum.
- English only.
- TNT is permitted for mining below ground.
- Protect your areas with claim blocks. We are not responsible for lost items on unprotected areas.
- No cheating or hacking.
- No unattended redstone clocks or other lag-creating devices. These are monitored.
- Do not build too close to other people's builds unless in a designated town plot. Try to be 10 blocks or more away from other builds.
- Do not block travel from region posts. Players must be able to spawn at a region post and walk to a new area.
- Do not build structures to block access to unprotected areas.
- All mob traps/grinders must be able to be turned off or have a method of preventing drops from accumulating when not in use.
/help - Show all commands that you have access to.
/ch help - Show help related to using the chat system.
/cityregion - Teleport back to the city region if you're standing near a sign post.
/homeregion - Teleport back to your home region if you're standing near a sign post.
/movein - Move in to the region you're currently standing in. Then you can get there using /homeregion.
/buyclaimblocks [amount] - Buy claim blocks for protecting your land. You can also buy/sell using the signs at the admin shop.
/sellclaimblocks [amount] - Sell excess claim blocks. You can also buy/sell using the signs at the admin shop.
Note: Land is automatically protected around the first chest you place. You can adjust land claim sizes using a golden shovel (see above video).
/trust [player] - Allow this player to build on your protected land.
/econ - Show your current in-game money.
/buy - Open Buycraft interface for buying items with real money.
/mail send [player] [message] - Send any player a mail (useful for messaging an offline player).
/mail read - Read your mail.
/ticket create [message] - Create a support ticket for a moderator to look at.
/ad list - Lists all ads currently running.
/ad on/off - Toggles receiving broadcast ads. Enable to see a rotating list of shop announcements or disable to reduce chat spam.
/shops - Display all current shops advertising
/shops [shopname] - Teleports to the shop requested. See fees.
/ad ? - Get help on using the shop ads system.
Fees for using server features and commands.
All players receive $50 per hour that they are actively logged in. This is paid out once daily. Do not go AFK to accumulate money - you will be kicked! Players also earn money by selling items and blocks to the admin shop or to other players via player chest shops.
Shop creation price (ChestShop): $50
Shop removal refund: $25
TP to shop via ad: $10
Create warp: $50 (donors only)
Teleport home: $5
Set home: $10
Buy claim blocks (area protection): $10 each
Sell claim blocks: $8 each
Join Spleef game: $15 (Money is put in a pool which the winner of the game receives)
More info coming soon...